(Currently dancing in my Mario Bros. T-shirt wearing my Evil Dead PJ bottoms)
Geek and Gamer girls
We’re unbelievable (Tri-force!)
We all know
That Han shot first (It’s a trap!)
We want originals
Geek and Gamer girls (Level up!)
Browncoats represent (Shiny!)
We aim to misbehave
(…just a tad from the lyrics of Team Unicorn’s Geek and Gamer Girls video following post)
my growling man-beast, Geoff (his band WeShouldDie's last concert)
I woke up feeling a bit off… Geoff forgot to grab me water so I could wash up all the dishes, which honestly consist of two baking dishes, my KitchenAid mixing bowl and attachments and four cookie sheets. I really wanted to make the Rolo Cookies from My Baking Addiction someone pinned this morning, since I have yet to make the Rolo Brownies they posted in June, which I found on another one of my crazed Pinning sessions over at Pinterest! (I only have one bag of Rolos I think Geoff may ate them, or the cat… I swear it wasn’t me!) Anyway being off, that is what I was talking about!
After being so dang busy, as many of you have noticed, with a book event/promotion/contest I realized I had nothing for today other than reminding everyone to go read the guest posts on with the For the Love of Love writing spectacular event I was graciously asked to submit a post for. Geoff had asked if he could write-up a blog post about bachelor cooking, since I totally blew it with dinner last night. Honestly I just felt like he could cook something. By 11 PM he still hadn’t so I just went to bed pretty upset. He ended up making food but he never did write-up the bog post I was really hoping would be waiting for me when I got up.
SO what is a girl to do today? Here is my TO DO LIST for during my first two cups of coffee
- Check for anything here at cabingoddess.com that needs my attention
- Check Twitter for any DM’s or Mentions I need to attend too (CHECK)
- Approve any Triberr posts waiting for me plus G+, Like and Stumble them (CHECK)
- Check all Facebook groups for anything that needs my immediate attention (CHECK and I keep checking!)
- Check all mail and visit all blogs whose posts I received and share with everyone(CHECK)
- See if there are any free Kindle books I want, download and organize on my Kindle (CHECK)
- Update my calendar and sync it with my iPhone. (CHECK)
…..and all before I grab my third cup of coffee
Liara from the Mass Effect Series - GIRL POWER
You get the picture. If I seem less social this is why. I am really wrapped up in getting organized and staying on top of everything but let’s face it. I am the most disorganized crazed cabin dwelling lunatic at times! (I SWEAR I am working on it without resorting to Thorazine!) I am going to be part of the Novel Publicity Blog Tours. I love that I am able to add a fun way to review by doing author series with a recipe, review, interview and guest post, it was such a blast with Shannon Mayer , J.C. Andrijeski, Brian Holers and Coral Russell over the last couple of weeks, I plan to make it at least a once a week thing here even if there is not a Win With eBooks event going on! I also plan on doing a lot of reviews over at Alaskan Dreams – a pocketful of snowflakes (which is where I share a lot of my poetry).
ANYWAY again I am feeling lost after actually being on top of things, posting every day to you guys, and doing all my duties all before my third cup of coffee which is why today I have said SCREW IT! I am playing the Demo for Mass Effect 3, going to nerf up my thief on Skyrim and get down and dirty with my PS3.
I have powered up on a pot of coffee, a BLT and have a bowl of popcorn, it is time to get Gamer Girl on everyone’s ass. So..pardon me as I kill some folks with Cerberus and then go slay some dragons because it is time for this girl to represent and play with shiny things… whats that I hear… SO SAY WE ALL!
OK so I just opened up a can of Pumpkin puree, but I cannot be a pacifist when it comes to this bread. It is scrumptious and must be made year long *shaking fist in the air and adding a bit of jazz hands*, not just for the holiday season. It is BETTER then the Pumpkin Bread currently at Starbucks, yes I said it! *SNAP* This is not my recipe but from a friends Renegade Chef file, who shared it with me so I could post it here for all of you!
Well, since I know many of you closet bacon eaters have more than likely put yourself into a glorious food coma creating your own Bacon Wrapped Sausage Delights, I suppose I will have to say YES you can have your pudding cookies!
Lately I have been stalking Dessert For Two. Christina delivered recipes scaled down to make a sensible size dessert instead of enough for a bake sale. (Well that and after the Bacon Maple Donuts incident we needed to be a bit smarter, I ended up with a severe sugar crash after stuffing my face with three donuts. I couldn’t help it they were SO good!) I was reorganizing my pantry looking for inspiration when surrounded by light, a glorious box of lemon pudding called to me! What? You don’t like lemon pudding? For shame! (Seriously, neither do I but I had inherited this when a friend moved out of state. One of the great things about living in Alaska, when people leave, you gain ownership of boots, coats, left over fish and game, tang, pilot bread…you get the the picture!) I recalled seeing something about pudding in a cookie recipe I had.
What better way to start off the new year here at The Cabin Goddess then with my 100th postand a recipe with bacon in it! Specifically Bacon Jalapeño Poppers I hope everyone had great New Years Eve celebrations. Whether you spent it at home, like I did, with friends and family, or celebrating at a party or bar! But what is a good celebration without great food? Heck I apparently have LOTS of celebrations because it is my goal in life to make every food related thing nothing but great!
One pan, one spoon & a whole lotta love!
My gorgeous Willow Breeze all grown up
When my daughter Willow was born we discovered the hard way,with her ending up in the hospital almost dying, she was allergic to anything dairy. Not just the lactose, not just the protein but the milk sugar as well! As a joke they asked me if I had both Latino and Asian blood because apparently it usually never is as bad as what happened with her unless she was more than just Caucasian. When we tried eggs, we had the same response, which meant no eating my families favorite ketchup and eggs! Poor baby had such a hard time so when it came to her first birthday we did it but good! We took her to Florida and Grandma made this amazing chocolate cake that not only was dairy free, but also did not even need to be mixed in a bowl! She was in heaven!
She can now eat dairy, we are not sure why but are just happy she can so she generally chooses ice cream cakes! But the days when her face was happy and covered in chocolate are memories to cherish.
NO BOWL NEEDED!
VEGAN CHOCOLATE CAKE
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached white flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup cold coffee (you can use plain old water, but where is the fun in that!
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
Stir in half the walnuts before putting in oven and add the rest top the top of the cake!
Glaze (optional I will make this and just add the walnuts on top before baking and sprinkle with powdered sugar while still warm!)
- 1/2 lb bittersweet chocolate
- 3/4 cup hot water or milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- (optional) 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Sift the flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt and sugar into an ungreased 8 inch square or 9 inch round baking tin. (you can also add more time to make this by mixing in a bowl and lining the pan with parchment paper to make cutting and removing from pan easier)
- In a 2 cup measuring cup, measure and mix the oil, coffee and vanilla.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the baking tin and mix the batter with a fork or small whisk. (DO NOT ADD VINEGAR YET, just the mixed liquids in the measuring cup)
- When the batter is smooth, add the vinegar and stir quickly. Pale swirls will occur where the vinegar and baking soda react. Stir just until the vinegar is even distributed throughout the batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. If not adding glaze, or even if you are, sprinkle generously with powdered sugar. Set aside the cake to cool.
If you are making the glaze, reset the oven to 300°F.
- Melt the chocolate in small ovenproof bowl or heavy skillet in the oven for about 15 minutes. Stir the hot liquid and vanilla into the chocolate until smooth.
- Spoon the glaze over the cooled cake. Refrigerate the glazed cake for a minimum of 30 minutes before serving
This cake is so moist and delicious, and the best part is easy cleanup, which is great in the cabin! It also takes about 6 minutes to make! Enjoy everyone! Whether you’re vegan/vegetarian or you are out of eggs and milk, this is a recipe to file away and always have on hand!