From #CabinGoddess to You! Oreo Truffles: A Quick & Special #Recipe gift!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I am actually feeling less Bah Humbug and more Bah Humbuggery and festive *wicked grin*. Still taking that break and enjoying my time this week with Geoff, who has had a few days of. Hope you have a lovely holiday too, see you next year!
Got a last minute party coming up this week? Throw together one of my most popupuar recipes here and on Pinterest. Having been pinned more than 1500 times since last Christmas, and a staple here at the cabin year round when I am feeling down, it is the perfect choice! Combining a favorite from when we were young (and now probably). It also goes GREAT with Coffee in the morning because some days you want more than a bowl of oatmeal and a side of bacon, some days you also need chocolate!
- 1 lb Oreo cookies (three sleeves, so might as well buy two packages because you know you want to do it make twice as much and still be able to eat cookies while you create these divine balls of chocolate joy)
- 8 ounces of cream cheese
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract (do NOT use fake extract, come on people.. love yourself! If you use different extracts you can really have fun, try it with rum extract or hell, try it with rum! I used mint and upped it to 1 tsp.. muwahaha)
- 1 lb of milk chocolate (use the good stuff, seriously do not use chips, use real milk chocolate made for cooking)
- ½ white chocolate (well since this is not real chocolate the chips or white bark is fine).
- Using a food processor, grind cookies to a fine powder.
- With a mixer, blend cookie powder, cream cheese and vanilla extract until thoroughly mixed (there should be no white traces of cream cheese).
- Roll into small balls and place on wax-lined cookie sheet.
- Refrigerate for 45 minutes.
- Line two cookie sheets with wax paper.
- In double-boiler, melt milk chocolate.
- Dip balls and coat thoroughly.
- With slotted spoon, lift balls out of chocolate and let excess chocolate drip off.
- Place on wax-paper-lined cookie sheet.
- In separate double boiler, melt white chocolate.
- Using a fork, drizzle white chocolate over balls.
- Let cool.
- Store in airtight container, in refrigerator.
These are so easy to make and so easy to eat!
Cookies and Cream in truffle form. Divine!