Safeword: Matte – In Training by @CandaceBlevins – #recipe & minion #review
Welcome, although late, to another minion review. Leanne Herrera is one of my dearest and oldest friends, back from my days at Fort Hood, TX and being a super cute and crazed army wife! So…. though I am late, welcome to the blast and review of Safeword Matte – in Training, the 7th in this BDSM erotica. Don’t worry, the review is clean and safe to read. I am really glad to have another minion reviewer for Cabin Goddess! I can share some of the books I have been sharing on Twitter, the BDSM and erotica and fun romances that I may not be into but I know a lot of you are and my friend Leanne loves!
On that note, one of the reasons I am late is I have not had posession of my computer for four days, so I also do not have a recipe created, please apologize and even though it is summer I did do something with one of my old recipes, see below, which can be a cool chocolate pick me up in the morning.
Safeword: Matte (book 3)
In this installation of Sam and Ethan’s story I learned a lot about them and could see why they had the fetishes that they had. I loved the fact that Sam just didn’t fall at his feet and wanted him to earn her even though she is the submissive in the story. Sam is a lawyer and boy you can tell she feels more comfortable with everything in writing. That is probably my only complaint about the story that everything seemed so clinical or legalized. I can understand though why they have it that way, there is no room for misunderstandings when it comes to sadistic fetishes.
Ethan was a tough character to get to know but I think the author was trying to avoid info dumping which was greatly appreciated. I loved the way he wanted so badly not only to be her Dom but to be her protector, even if she was resistant to have him care for her in that matter. It showed me that he was there for much more than play. It made it a lot easier for me to connect with him as if he were a real person and not just a book boyfriend.
Over the heat in this story was not something I have ever thought about doing I felt the fire and was at times fanning myself. The author truly has a way with creating an environment and allowing the reader to experience the scene as the characters do. It is also marked as excessive and it is truly meant for people who have a love for a bit of extreme playtime. I would recommend this to people who are out for more than a mushy love story, because while the love story is there it isn’t gooey and filled with unneeded overdramatic sentiment.
Safeword: Matte In Training (book 7)
After reading the Safeword: Matte I thought I knew what to expect but this book was so much more. I really got to watch the characters blossom and grow not only on their own but as a couple as well. I thought that the continuation of the story brought the reader more into the relation and let someone who isn’t quite vanilla understand the fetish a lot more.
The heat factor for this one is turned up a notch or two and made me need an ice tea to go with my fanning. The author made me see that while their fetish is strong it brings them closer and that the element of trust that is required in this kind of relationship is exceptional. I was wrapped inside a word inferno and look forward to getting to know more with the next books in this series.
Again I would recommend this series to those that are okay with extreme fetish that isn’t drowning in hearts and flowers but has a different kind of love and respect. I loved this series and how it opened my eyes to a different kind of love.
Safeword: Matte - In Training
by Candace Blevins
Published by Excessica Publishing
on June 20, 2014
Genres: BDSM, Erotica, Fiction, Romance
Source & Buy Links: Bewitching Book Tours
Amazon • • Goodreads •
The wedding is four months away, and Ethan has promised to train Sam to handle a planned honeymoon activity. He’s calculated the math to figure out her goals each week. When she reaches the weekly target she gets a massage and lots of fun orgasms. But if she doesn’t, it’s the stainless steel cane.
All this along with navigating her clients’ drama, planning a wedding, dealing with her mother while planning the wedding, and having lots and lots of wild and kinky sex.
And we haven’t even mentioned the bachelorette party.
Warning: This title contains graphic language, consensual BDSM some may find objectionable, anal sex, bondage, and the use of toys including crops, clips, clamps, plugs, and gags.
Aztec Hot & Cold Chocolate
- 4 ounces Scharffen Berger 99% Unsweetened Chocolate, chopped (My mom ships it up here because I am picky like that, but you can use either a 70% bittersweet cocoa baking bar or 100% unsweetened such as one by Ghiradeli)
- 2½ cups milk
- ⅓-1/2 cup sugar
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛-1/4 teaspoon ground chili pepper (or you can use 1 red chili pepper, split with seeds removed, but lets face it when you are already this emotional stay with the motto “keep-it- simple- stupid”)
- 1. Warm milk in a heavy saucepan until it is hot to the touch. (make sure to whip with whisk continuosly so it does not scald. You can also use a double boiler to avoid this also. God knows many of us living in cabins have to deal with crappy stoves so again, better safe then sorry!)
- 2. Add chopped chocolate and sugar, whisking until well blended.
- 3. Add cinnamon and chili powder, whisking thoroughly.
- 4. Heat thoroughly over low-medium heat without bringing to a boil and serve.
- It is up to you, of course, but I would strain this to remove any textures that are un-hot-cocoa-like. Again it is a personal preference!
- I also add slightly whipped half and half with a drizzle of raspberry espresso syrup for color and flare, (for the blood theme ya know?) plus a drizzle of chocolate sauce and then flare it out for more pizzazz and to make it pretty!
- Makes about 3-5 servings depending on the cup!
Serving size: 3-5 hot servings, 2-3 chilled ones