Mama’s Kitchen Mondays -“Taken” Honey Blueberry Scones
Welcome to Mama’s Kitchen Mondays
Congratulations Felicia Starr! We are eating .. and celebrating today so of course I had to present you with a recipe! Felicia made them JUST for all of you! And *mumbling* day are welly goot.. *swallowing* I mean they are REALLY good!! They use raw sugar which is what is in my cupboards! Enjoy, and if you ever make something feel free to add a link or embed your photos in the comments!
Honey Blueberry Scones
- 2 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 4 tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1/6 cup of white granulated sugar
- 1/6 cup of wildflower honey
- ½ cup of half and half
- 1 egg
- 6 Tbs butter
- 1 packet of sugar in the raw
Preheat oven 375f
- Soften butter and smear on plastic wrap. Place in freezer while you measure ingredients.
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt, honey and sugar.
- In separate bowl mix half and half with egg.
- Remove frozen butter and chop into small pieces. Cut the butter into dry ingredients.
- Rinse blueberries coat with sugar and a little bit of flour.
- Stir in liquid until ingredients are combined.
- Stir in blueberries.
- Turn dough out onto floured surface.
- Form log and flatten log about an inch thick.
- Cut into four pieces and then cut each square diagonally into triangles.
- Place on parchment paper.
- Brush with milk and sprinkle with coarse sugar (in the raw).
- Bake 15 minutes.
And watch out while eating them… don’t blink!