Mama’s Kitchen Mondays – No-Bake Mini Patriotic Cheesecakes #4thofJuly
Mama’s Kitchen No.5
Wow, the Fourth of July already? It means picnics, and cookouts, and bringing a bunch of food for a lot of people! It also means being obnoxious and making food that goes with the patriotic theme; red, white and blue!
Master the Minis
Heres the deal, mini anything is always more fun to make, fun to eat and easier to transport to wherever you are going. In this day and age everyone is making cupcakes and having a ball. They have cupcake wars, weddings have cupcake towers instead of cakes and it is all about the minis. The key to making a mini is to keep it simple. You can make a regular cheesecake which requires cooking but I have found the no-bake recipes mean you can get a little fancy without too much extra time. Plus, it is summer time, why make more heat than you have too!
Making it patriotic is easy, strawberries and blueberries! I add a few raspberries to the strawberries to give it a tad of a tartness plus with this recipe I also have a different kind of crust. Ritz crackers! Sweet and salty, another new twist for a new kind of eating! Savory and yummilicious! Take a chance with it, if you don’t just make a simple graham crust but this is the cabin way, we love our Ritz crackers and we like the #nomnom of it all!
No-Bake Mini Patriotic Cheesecakes
- 1 Ritz cracker crust (see below)
- 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup lavender sugar (click link for recipe)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- fresh strawberries
- fresh blueberries
- blueberries & strawberries cooked down for swirling (see below)
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth, then slowly add the sugar and vanilla.
- Beat mixture until well blended In a clean chilled bowl, beat the whipping cream until soft peaks form.
- Slowly beat the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture
- Spoon chilled filling mixture into graham cracker crust. Add the opposite fruit (as shown) while still setting. Chill for 4-6 hours before serving.
Makes 16 mini-cheesecakes and only took me 45 minutes to make. BAM! Cheesey goodness!
Ritz Cracker Crust
- 2 rolls of Ritz crackers crushed
- 1 stick & 2 TBSP of butter (no margarine must be butter)
- 1 TBSP of vanilla sugar (click link for recipe)
- 1/4 TSP of pure vanilla extract
- 16 lined muffin tins
- Melt butter in the pan & clarify
- Whisk in vanilla and sugar
- Remove from heat and mix in the cracker crumbs
- Use mixer to blend and make even more refined
- Using the bottom of a small measuring cup press into the bottom of lined cupcake tins
Fresh Fruit sauce
- 1 cup of fresh strawberries
- 1 cup of fresh blueberries
- 1/2 of sugar – split in 1/4 cup
- 1/2 tsp of lemon juice (split in 1/4 TSP)
- 1/4 vanilla extract (split in 1/8 TSP)
- 2 TBSP water (split)
- Two small saucepans set on medium-low heat
- Add the fruit to each of the pans with the water, extract & lemon juice. Heat till it starts to bubble
- Add the sugar and whisk till dissolved.
- Use the mixer and whip. Cool off in the fridge while you make the rest.
What’s your favorite Fourth of July dessert?
Going to start recommending a book on these days, it should be a cookbook but I figure what the hell, it is my blog I can do what I want! Since holidays usually mean chaos and little time to read for long periods of times, why not grab a kick ass collection of shorts! Today the regularly priced book for $10 is #FREE on Smashwords. All #zombie stories, written by an all woman author collection …
Chilling tales of zombie horror from thirty-one of your favorite female writers! Sit back as your favorite authors of zombie lit take you on a wild, horrifying ride that will leave you breathless! Come and meet the women who love to entertain you with their own unique versions of the zombie apocalypse.
SMASHWORDS | +GOODREADS
Next week……… Some special and spectacular Salad!