Even Super Hero’s Get Sick – VENEZUELAN BEEF RIB SOUP (recipe)
Donna Brown over at Tweedling.com is sick and she does so much for EVERYONE I thought, “I know, I will post a recipe!” Geoff said, still a bit butt-hurt because I apparently was mean to him with his man-cold and said, “Oh good, someone else can get poked fun of when they are sick!” Like I would ever berate a friend about being sick like I did him over his Man-Cold and yes I did post a recipe that DID cure the Man-Cold. AND frankly we women do handle being sick much better than some men. But Man-Colds are dangerous you know, they cause you to bleed internally!!
Donna has worked herself to the bone with David’s new book launch and tour, merging bbcoll.com and the Indie Book Exchange websites with redirects, redesign etc… The fact she lasted as long as she did is a miracle. Plus let’s not forget yesterday’s launch of the Discover Fantasy and last SO… because I love Donna SO MUCH this soup is for her! My mamma’s friend used to make this when she was feeling poorly and I love it and have not made it in ages so I could not find my recipe. BUT THIS IS FOR YOU MISS DONNA! Feel better over in their across the pond!! MWAH (oh and she does not have a hangover, she is really sick but avocado is SO good for you, and the citrus is good for you and the parsley and cilantro good for da belly, and all of it will bolster that immune system!
VENEZUELAN BEEF RIB SOUP- SANCOCHO VENEZOLANO
Author: Plantos, Mangos and Me
- 12 cups of water
- 3 pounds of beef ribs
- 8 sprigs of cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 8 sprigs of parsley
- 4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 medium onion, cut in half
- 4 garlic cloves
- 4 celery ribs cut in half salt and pepper to taste
- 1 medium size yuca, peeled, cut (see URL) (or you can use frozen)
- 3 large carrots, sliced
- 1 inch thick
- 3 potatoes
- 3 ears of corn cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 avocado
- 1 tomato
- Preparation: In a large pot add the beef, onions, garlic, sprigs of cilantro and parsley, bay leaves and water.
- Cook at medium high heat for about 90 minutes making sure that you skim the surface to remove film.
- Remove meat and set aside. Drain your stock and return to pot with meat, and all veggies.
- Cook until vegetables are tender. Plate with a wedge of tomato, avocado, lime, cilantro and a couple of
DIG IN DONNA!.